Tablets containing charcoal or charcoal beans have many therapeutic benefits for many conditions, but in addition to their health benefits, there are some damages when consumed or used.
Come with us to learn about the harms of beans, contraindications, side effects and complications that can occur when using them.
Table of contents
Charcoal beans consist of charcoal and some natural elements, although their names differ according to the companies producing them, but their components are the same.
The containment of these grains on natural charcoal that resembles a sponge helps in ridding the intestine of gases by absorbing these gases and helps rid the body of toxic substances and germs that are produced in the body through the metabolism process.
In addition to that charcoal pills have a role in increasing the beneficial bacteria in the body, which are called (probiotics). These beneficial bacteria secreted by our intestines, which help improve the functioning of the digestive system and reduce the disturbances that afflict it from cramps, infections and many other problems, which helps to reserve toxins through these pills. Then these toxins are neutralized and excreted out of the body.
In other words, charcoal pills properly regulate the intestines and kill harmful bacteria and parasites in them, in addition to being a disinfectant and laxative for the stomach as it cleanses it of gases, reduces cramps and helps digest fatty substances.
The materials that make up the coal beans:
As we said, the charcoal beans tablets contain good efficacy and herbal origin, which are charcoal, essential oils, senna powder, in addition to rhubarb extract.
- The senna leaves present in these grains have a strong softening effect, especially in the case of constipation.
- The presence of rhubarb also has a strong laxative effect that helps relieve constipation and gas.
- As for charcoal, it works to absorb the gases that are disturbing in the intestine.
- The beans of charcoal also contain pure sulfur, which helped protect the digestive system from germs, toxins and harmful elements.
- Charcoal beans also contain sucrose, peppermint oil and fennel.
These ingredients, when mixed with each other in one component, which is (charcoal beans), have a strong effect on softening and cleansing the intestines and getting rid of gases and other problems that can affect the body.
Damage to coal beans
In addition to the fact that charcoal beans have a great role and benefits to the body, there are some damages that can be caused to the body, including:
Excessive dosage for each case causes diarrhea or constipation.
Someone who consumes charcoal beans may experience nausea and vomiting at other times.
May cause allergic reactions.
It can cause abdominal pain and cramps.
It can increase the percentage of body salts, especially the increase in potassium.
Among its damages, the stool is colored black, and this is due to its natural color.
Damage to charcoal beans on pregnant women
You are pregnant and suffering from stomach pain and do not have knowledge of how to treat this problem, especially as it occurs in the first months of pregnancy.
This condition that most pregnant women suffer from does not worry much, but the majority of pregnant women resort to natural solutions to treat such cases, such as using charcoal pills without returning to consult the supervising doctor, thinking that the natural components that make up these pills have no harm, such as medicines and other chemical drugs . There is harm in eating charcoal pills?
The majority of cases use charcoal pills to treat stomach cramps, intestinal gas, diarrhea or vomiting, and even most of them are cases that a pregnant woman can suffer from. Does charcoal have any side effects on the pregnant woman or the fetus and its development?
- In the beginning, you are pregnant, so you are in a critical and important stage in your life and the life of your fetus, so we recommend that you do not take any medicine before consulting your doctor for the safety of you and your fetus.
- In the other point, if you take any medicine without medical supervision, it can expose you to harm, as it may contain substances that may cause you sensitivity or are not suitable for your condition.
- In addition and this most importantly, there are some studies that indicated that the components in charcoal pills have a negative and harmful effect on the proper development of your fetus, in addition to this study also indicated that the arrival of these substances in the charcoal pills to your milk has an effect on breastfeeding your child.
So all you have to pay attention to before taking any medicine or before taking charcoal pills for your safety and the safety of your fetus.
In the event that you eat charcoal beans and you have unsatisfactory symptoms, you should see your supervising doctor as soon as possible.
Contraindications to the use of charcoal pills
There are some cases in which it is not allowed to eat charcoal pills because it causes harm to the body, among these cases:
- Doctors do not allow charcoal to be used by people with stomach ulcers.
- These pills are not indicated for those who suffer from an allergy to sucrose.
- Also, charcoal beans are not indicated for anyone suffering from colitis or intestinal obstruction.
- If charcoal pills are taken with cortisone-containing or rehydration medications that may reduce the effectiveness of these medications, care should be taken.
- People who are allergic to sulfites are not allowed to use charcoal pills. The reason is that the sulfur that is present in the charcoal beans can turn into sulfites inside the person’s body, causing the person to have an allergy.
- Do not give charcoal pills to patients with renal insufficiency, and a doctor should be consulted before treating them.
- Do not use charcoal pills for children under 12 years old.
- Do not use by pregnant women unless after consulting a specialist.
- In the event that you took any other medicine and had to take charcoal pills, you should take charcoal pills two hours after taking your medicine, or take charcoal pills two hours before taking your medicine, to prevent mixtures or complications with the ingredients.
- It is also prohibited to use it in conjunction with taking nutritional supplements unless after consulting with the attending physician.
- Don’t use charcoal beans if you have a liver problem.
Excessive intake of charcoal beans:
When using charcoal pills internally and for the treatment of some intestinal or digestive problems, you must take these pills in moderation and within the specified amount written on the leaflet attached to these pills because excessive consumption of them causes unimaginable damage from the increased growth of beneficial bacteria, which causes the body to lose its energy and the situation may reach poverty This is because the increase in the activity of beneficial bacteria increases its competition for food with the body itself, which reduces the body’s energy.
Using charcoal pills to whiten or moisturize the skin:
The use of charcoal pills with other ingredients to whiten the skin, you should be aware that it may cause sensitivity, so you and other skin mixtures try it on a small area of your body to make sure that you are not allergic to these pills.
Also, putting the pills on a place in the body that has a cut or scratch will cause you irritation and redness.
Do not use a large amount of charcoal beans when you add them to substances in order to whiten or moisturize the skin because it can cause dryness or peeling of the skin.
Although charcoal pills have many properties and benefits, and they are considered safe in terms of using their natural ingredients that they contain, except in some cases, this does not prevent you from consulting a specialist doctor about the possibility of treating you through it, as it may not be suitable for the nature of your body.