Frequent urination is a dangerous symptom that can occur due to a variety of reasons such as aging, obesity, diabetes, pregnancy problems, bladder infections, urinary tract infections, or prostate gland problems, etc.
If you are one of those people who have this problem and go to the bathroom several times a day and this problem annoys you and also embarrasses you in front of others, here are some foods that can be added to your diet and help you alleviate this problem that worries many, along with some tips that help alleviate this problem :
Frequent urination is a symptom of a serious illness if a person goes to the bathroom to urinate more than usual and at a rate of (7-8) times during the day, and if frequent urination is not controlled, it can cause pressure on the kidneys or incontinence and bladder infection, especially in women. And men can suffer more from this problem if they have prostate problems.
What causes frequent urination?
One of the simplest causes of frequent urination is excessive intake of fluids, water, caffeine, or alcohol, or taking medications that increase urination.
A poor diet can also cause this serious problem for the body.
It is interesting to know that drinking a lot of water can be dangerous for the body and poison a person so in the first place everything depends on you.
In most cases, frequent urination can be a sign of a specific disease in the body. Diabetes, prostate disease, stroke, cystitis and the use of diuretics are common causes of frequent urination.
If the frequent urination is accompanied by other problems such as fever, chills, vomiting, back pain, thirst, increased appetite, dark urine or genital infection and pressure on the bladder, make sure that it is necessary to visit a specialist doctor, where in these cases, as a general rule, the doctor will try to diagnose the cause of the disease and find the cause and appropriate treatment method.
Food to treat frequent urination
Frequent urination is a symptom of many conditions and can lead to a weakening of your ability to work, exercise or perform daily functions and sleep deprivation, especially when it intensifies in the middle of the night, which affects the quality of life and leads to fatigue, mood swings, appetite fluctuations and brain dispersion.
Usually, you can relieve these uncomfortable symptoms by treating the underlying condition causing frequent urination by consulting your doctor about a treatment plan.
There are also natural remedies for frequent urination that will help you strengthen the pelvic muscles, avoid foods that trigger this problem, and train your bladder to control this problem less.
Among the most important of these foods that help treat frequent urination, which can be found on your hands:
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an anti-bacterial solution that is useful for frequent urination problems and such infections as it reduces digestive pain.
Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water and drink it twice a day.
You can also add 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar to your bath water and stay in the bath for 15-20 minutes and you will see the good result.
For bladder health, it is very beneficial to eat yogurt as the yogurt that we include in our diet is considered as a probiotic food that provides good growth of beneficial bacteria in the urinary tract and thus creates a balance between bacteria in the gut and good bacteria.
Eating cranberries because this fruit has anti-inflammatory properties and protects the bladder wall. Its fruits contain elements (which are proanthocyanidin and quinic acid) that act as a strong, effective and antibacterial agent as these elements prevent the intestinal bacteria that cause infectious cystitis from sticking to the wall of the bladder and reduce the frequency of urinary infections and urination. Frequent.
It is a highly acidic fruit that protects the health of the urinary system and is a natural source of anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory.
It contains enzymes that speed up healing by reducing inflammation in the urine.
It is a source of vitamin C, as it increases the acidity of the urine, kills harmful bacteria and eliminates inflammation in the intestine.
- Extract amla juice, add a teaspoon of honey to it and mix it well, then add this mixture to a banana and mix it well and eat it 2 to 4 times a day.
- Or add a teaspoon of Indian gooseberry juice and a teaspoon of turmeric powder to one cup of water and boil the solution until half of the water has evaporated, then let it cool down for some time and drink it 3 times a day for 3 to 5 days.
Home remedies for frequent urination
You can treat frequent urination at home with home remedies:
- To start with, you need to improve your diet and control fluid intake throughout the day.
- Stay away from foods that irritate the bladder.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, alcohol, soft drinks, chocolate, artificial sweeteners, spicy foods, and even tomato sauce.
- You should also eat foods rich in fiber because constipation can aggravate the symptoms of an overactive bladder which may lead to frequent urination.
- Include honey and apple cider vinegar in your diet and eat yogurt because yogurt increases the growth of good bacteria in the urinary tract and strengthens the balance of healthy bacteria in the intestine.
Do not scrape off liquids often:
Frequent urination does not mean reducing your fluid intake because in fact you must consume enough fluids to keep your body strong because if you do not consume enough fluid the urine will condense and damage the bladder and this also increases the urge to urinate.
Drink fluids at intervals throughout the day and drink water between meals.
If you do exercise, avoid taking a large bottle of water with you, but use a small bottle and drink the water gradually.
Because constipation can also aggravate overactive bladder symptoms, so you can add high-fiber foods to your food to prevent constipation.
Foods that can help support the health of your urinary system include foods rich in vitamin C and foods that contain beta-cryptoxanthin (a carotenoid vitamin as it is considered a carotenoid and is an important component of the nutrients necessary for growth, eyesight and immune immunity as it is found in fruits and among these) Fruits there are oranges and persimmons).
Foods that contain these nutrients include:
Kiwi, guava, papaya, pineapple, mango, pumpkin, carrot, and broccoli
Tips for treating frequent urination
Stay away from foods that can affect and stimulate the activity of the bladder, which increases the problem of frequent urination, including:
- Orange juice, lemon, and generally citrus fruits that enhance bladder activity because they contain substances that can irritate the bladder.
- Chocolate because of the presence of caffeine in it, which increases the stimulation of the bladder.
- Hot sauces and hot peppers because these foods aggravate enuresis and help irritate the lining of the bladder.
- Sugar and honey because it is difficult to get rid of sugar in the body, which will negatively affect the problem of frequent urination.
- Stay away from spices.
- Soft drinks because drinking fizzy drinks can exacerbate overactive bladder symptoms and increase the chance of frequent urination and infections.