Choosing the correct size of a child’s shoe is important. And if you want to know all about baby boot sizes, you have the American size that provides important information for a baby’s feet to grow well, as babies’ feet need adequate space to grow properly, but up to 50% of them wear very small shoes.
And in a study, it was found that 99% of babies are born with healthy feet. However, only a third of them maintain their healthy feet when they reach puberty. The most common reason is to wear very small shoes, and children often do not realize that the shoes are pressing on their feet, because their skin is still soft, but very small shoes can cause big problems for sensitive children’s feet and the result is deformation and other problems.
table of contents
Tips for taking into account the choice of baby boot sizes
Necessary action must be taken. And check the size regularly, as during the developmental stages a child’s feet can grow up to three sizes per year. To accurately measure a child’s foot length in centimeters, place the child’s foot on a sheet of paper.
Make sure he is not wearing socks. In this way, the shoe size will be more accurate. And we have to make sure that the heel of the foot is touching. It is also important that the sole of the foot is completely flat and straight.
Steps to take the appropriate size for the child’s shoes
- Place the child’s foot on a measuring tape and measure from the heel to the end of the longest toe.
- Measure with a ruler or meter.
- Measure in centimeters.
- We must bear in mind that children’s shoes should be comfortable.
- We must always try to have some shoes a little larger than the size we got.
- The larger number is always preferred. Hence, you will always avoid it being small.
Some additional tips on baby’s boot size
- It is important that the shoes fit exactly the foot, but when our children start walking on their own, we need to be more careful about the shoes they wear.
- It should be fit, neither too narrow nor too large. So you have to choose a baby boot size regularly.
- To make sure it is the correct number, we must be able to pass our toe between the heel and the tip of the shoe.
- It is best to have a distance of centimeters from the tip of the toe to the front of the shoe, to make sure that they have no difficulty moving their toes.
- When buying shoes made of fabric , we must bear in mind that they tend to shrink, so it is recommended that you choose a size larger than usual.
- Take a regular look at the child’s shoes to make sure they fit, because our children grow up quickly and so do their little feet so children’s shoes should be monitored regularly.
Choose the size of children’s shoes for each stage of development
Choosing a suitable shoe for children is extremely important. Because a good shoe protects and promotes balance in young children. These three qualities are essential for good children’s shoes. So it is imperative that the children’s shoes are of good quality.
And it is made of good material, and it cannot cause any kind of problem. It is also important for them to be breathable so that the baby’s feet are ventilated throughout the day. Also, most importantly, children’s shoes should be comfortable, so that they feel comfortable wearing them.
Children’s shoe sizes
Baby shoe sizes up to 24 months range from 1 to 6 in the American system, and 16 to 21 in the European system. Before you start walking, the shoe’s job is to keep baby’s feet covered, protected and warm. Later, as your baby starts taking his first steps, his shoes will protect him from the elements and help facilitate the learning process.
Choosing the perfect shoe for children according to their ages
What guidelines should we follow to choose good shoes for our children?
1 – Shoes for those who do not walk yet
They tend to be basically decorative shoes. Any breathable shoe is good for them. The shoes at these ages are for decoration only. Babies and newborns do not need shoes. But once your child takes his first steps, some shoes can be bought for him. To allow enough room for the foot to grow, the inside of the shoe must be 17 mm longer than the foot.
So newborn shoes should be comfortable and breathable to ventilate the foot. It is made of materials such as cloth, knitwear, wool , leather or cloth. For a child’s sole to be comfortable, the sole of the shoe should be as thin as possible.
2 – Children’s shoes in their first steps
Starting at the age of 7 to 8 months, babies begin to stand up straight, taking their first steps in walking, crawling, and exploring a world of new experiences. So they should be dressed in comfortable shoes that teach them to walk.
This type of shoe should be light, hypoallergenic, and made of high-quality, soft fabrics. The sole is stiffer and the base is non-slip. The most important thing in this period is that the shoes provide safety.
3 – Shoes for children who walk well
- When a child begins to walk on their own, they will need shoes with a thick sole and a non-slip sole that helps breathe and be comfortable.
- It is recommended to use natural materials such as leather … and others, and we also emphasize the importance of good support to ensure durability and stability.
Is it healthy to wear used shoes for the child?
Used shoes can be used, but care must be taken that the insole is intact, as it is not recommended to wear shoes with worn soles or shoes for children with deformities.
How to clean used shoes
Aspects to pay attention to when choosing baby boot sizes
- Your kids can also use second-hand shoes, as long as they haven’t been worn and the insole is not deformed. It is recommended to disinfect it first.
- Always buy shoes in the afternoon, because the foot will be somewhat larger.
- Measure the child’s feet in a standing position to get their true size.
- The right foot and the left foot are usually not the same length. However, the size of the longest foot shall be taken when purchasing.
- New shoes must be 17 mm larger for the foot to move.
- Not to use poorly ventilated insulating shoes, as they are harmful to the growth of the child’s feet.
- Children’s shoes should be made of soft material and allow the feet to breathe.
In the end..
The baby’s feet are soft and flexible. In addition, it is still in the process of developing, so children often do not realize if the shoe is too small and suffers from unhealthy deformities in their feet. Children may put their foot in the shoe without realizing that it is painful for them. So the parents are responsible for choosing the right shoe sizes.
Also, you should pay attention to the smell of the shoe before buying it, and if it has a strong chemical smell, it is not recommended to buy it so that the child is not exposed to many chemicals.
12 size tips for children’s shoes – loszapatitosdealba
Baby & Toddler Shoe Size Guide + Age Size Converter – blitzresults