Germany has many ideal features that attract tourists and students. It has a fascinating nature, and despite the devastation caused by the Second World War and the geographical division, it has been able to promote all its cultural, educational and social components, and Germany, the most populous country in Europe, yet attracts foreign immigrants, particularly Arabs.
The latest statistics (2019) indicate that the number of Arab immigrants exceeded one million immigrants, which distinguishes them as having degrees and many of them graduates of German universities, and these universities were classified as the best in Europe and the world, this classification came because the German experience in education made it one of the top three educational systems in the world.
German universities are the world's top universities, as a result of which a German university degree is a prestigious academic achievement respected by the countries of the world and opens the way for you to start working all over the world.
Study in Germany:
If you are planning to study abroad, consider germany as the top option for you, as it is your best as Germany offers you special benefits and a large number of scholarships. Since ba-level university education is free, and for postgraduate studies, its fees are low (symbolic) compared to other European and international countries, and study in It is in German (the main language in Germany) but it allows study in English by offering special programs for this purpose and these are probably the best factors that attract students, and there is a second advantage which is the possibility of getting to practice the profession and then working in German cities with salaries that provide you with a decent life for you and your family, as well as opening the doors to the future.
Germany is therefore your scientific, practical, material and living future. The people of Germany are characterized by a vast culture, ancient history and beautiful climate.
Germany's geographical location:
Germany is located on the European continent, to the west of the continent and bordered to the south by Switzerland, Austria, to the north bordered by Denmark, the Jutland Peninsula, the Baltic Sea and the State of Poland on the eastern border, while Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and the North Sea are home to the West German side.
Universities in Germany:
Germany has approximately 450 universities offering approximately 18,000 courses in all possible subjects and at various levels, whether bachelor's or postgraduate studies with master's, doctoral and international examinations.
Education in Germany is also characterized by the addition of applied university disciplines in all German universities, and foreign students make up more than 13% of the students, an important advantage which is the overlap and mixing of cultures and the provision of knowledge to students of other nationalities, where Germany appreciates this and works to prepare the participation of foreign students in German society on the one hand , and on the other hand universities provide sufficient support for each student to start in all possible ways, including language learning, living, living allowances and costs.
Germany has more than a quarter of a million university students enrolled in its universities, there are a number of technical (applied) universities, one of germany's leading universities is the University of Medina Technical university and ranked 60th in the world, the University of Robricht Carles is ranked 66th in the world, and Maximilian University is ranked 75th among the world's universities.
There are about 20 German universities among the top 250 universities in the world, and this motivational data is an advantage for a student studying at German universities, reflecting strongly on universities and their progress in the strength of their degrees and their chances of getting jobs in most countries of the world and in all disciplines after graduation.
How to register and accept German universities:
There are many criteria and limitations that help students qualify to study at a German university and start submitting the required documents successfully, but before the conditions are specified, you should note the following:
- The visa to Germany is based on nationality, i.e. in the country where the student lives.
- Students applying from EU countries do not require a student visa in Germany.
- Other nationalities, including Arab students living in Arab countries, require a visa to enter Germany.
- You must apply for a visa to Germany 3 months before entering Germany.
- The visa process is obtained from the German Embassy or consulate from the country in which the student lives.
- Often the cost of visa fees does not exceed sixty euros.
- A valid passport.
- Fill out the visa application form and make sure that the data is all correct and complete.
- Selfies of student number 2.
- Academic study documents.
- ToeFL certificate in English or its equivalent in terms of proficiency and level in English, and a certificate of course in German.
- Comprehensive health insurance for the tab.
- A documented medical report that the student is free of diseases.
- A financial guide to study in Germany, done by depositing a payment with a closed account (the value of a financial proof (8700 euros), and this prohibited account cannot even withdraw funds from it After arriving in Germany.
- Certificate of good conduct and conduct and the absence of criminal prosecutions. (Many German embassies and consulates do not require such a certificate.)
- A declaration of the validity of previous documents and documents.
Note: You should make sure you have a certificate of study in Germany, not a Schengen certificate, (in order to be given a temporary stay of 3 months).
How to apply for a residence permit in Germany:
- This residence application is required only once after entering Germany.
- The application is submitted within the first two weeks of entering Germany (when delayed the student is fined).
- The application is renewed every two years (the certificate is valid for two years).
- Registration is done at the local registration office for foreigners.
- With regard to residence for the purpose of study, this must be confirmed in the application.
- The cost of a residence permit document (110) euros for the first time.
Note: The residence permit is renewed every two years and at least one week before the expiration and the renewal fee is EUR 80 per renewal.
Certificates and documents required by the student to obtain a permit to stay in Germany:
- Health insurance certificate.
- University registration certificate.
- A student's passport is valid.
- Student visa to Germany.
- A medical document for the student's absence from diseases.
- Financial proof certificate.
- Lease or proof of residence and residence address.
- Certificate of Mastery of German or English.
The high school pass rate helps students qualify for german university registration and must be 60% or higher.
The high school pass rate is the one that qualifies students for the Faculties of Medicine and Engineering at German universities and must be 70% or higher. The certificate should be scientific.
German universities, particularly at the university level, rely on German to study, but there are few universities that study in English. (Students can study master's and doctoral degrees in English.)
Costs of studying in Germany:
There are plenty of opportunities for students to study for free, through the student's scholarship or lower-priced study, which includes all levels of undergraduate and postgraduate studies (the German government education system is free for all international students).
The fees for obtaining a master's degree are free if they start immediately and after completing their bachelor's degree.
The student pays the administrative registration fee (US$150-300) paid annually throughout the years of study, which is applied in most German universities. (Some universities that do not charge fees may charge fees in the case of frequent failure of the student.)
The public education system does not apply in terms of financial fees to private universities that charge fees to foreign (international) students, where fees range from (3000-20,000) euros paid annually for the duration of the student's study at the university.
If a student holds a bachelor's degree from outside Germany and requests to complete his or her postgraduate studies at a German public university, he or she will pay about US$25,000 a year for a master's degree, while in private universities the annual fees can be as high as $37,000. These fees are higher if the student chooses to study in scientific institutions with an advanced international classification.
For doctoral studies in Germany, this student costs only (250) euros per semester under the name (student contribution), and the study is free of charge.
English study at German universities is not free of charge at all universities.
Cost of living in Germany:
Germany is one of the cheapest European countries in terms of the cost of living for a foreign student compared to European countries, where German universities help to provide services to students through (student card) which includes free access to tourist, recreational and transportation facilities, which are often first class.
Housing prices are a real problem for foreign students, because of their high costs, but there are many ways in which students can save these expenses by communicating with institutions or centers that provide services to find suitable housing or student unions at universities.
One of the places where economic housing is available is the choice of a group of students to live together in one apartment, to rent a room in a house inhabited by a German family, or to take a studio (room with a small lounge and bathroom), where the average cost of what we mentioned earlier is approximately US$200-350.
It is best to choose accommodation that is far from the main cities as it is expensive, and you can live in small cities, as the monthly fees per student cost about 700-850 euros per month, including house rent, food and school supplies such as books, summaries, research, and clothing.
The student must activate his health insurance (compulsory) and in most cases its costs are reduced by half, and the student can search for all offices that provide services to students in order to be able to save a lot of living and study expenses.
German law allows foreign students to1,000 hours per year during school, so that a foreign student can work legally during the study, and in this way can cover two-thirds of the cost of living and the cost of studying in Germany, but provided he does not leave school.
Federal Financial Aid Program for International Students:
- Intended to fund some foreign students (by age group).
- It is necessary to have a university student under 30 years of age and less than 35 years of age for a master's degree.
- Exceptions are made in accordance with special requests that are based on the circumstances of the students.
- Financial assistance is provided through a special system (half of the value is provided by a state grant, the second half is an interest-free student loan), and the university recovers the loans in monthly installments after the student has finished his studies.
Some of the additional features of studying in Germany:
- Upon graduation, the student is granted one and a half years of residence in order to find a job, and here the graduate student must go to the German immigration authorities to renew his residence.
- All certificates issued by German universities are recognized worldwide.
- A bachelor's degree is awarded at the end of 6 semesters (3 years).
- The master's degree is awarded at the end of two semesters (two years), and each semester represents a full year study, or (4) classes spread over two years.
- PhD is awarded from (2-3) years (where each year is two semesters).
At the end of the article, I hope i have provided you with all the important information that explains how to study in Germany, making it easier for the student wishing to study a lot of steps and looking for a way and how to apply.