Food is considered the fuel with which a person can fully live and carry out his activities and functions, but food from it is what is healthy that makes a person active, health and wellness, and what he needs from the elements and vitamins, and from it what is harmful causes him diseases and health problems.
In this article, we chose to talk about the best healthy foods that a person can eat for a healthy, healthy and healthy body.
Types of healthy foods
There are many healthy foods that can be classified into groups according to the elements that the body needs, and these elements are: proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, fats, sugars, minerals and water.
Classification is based on these elements as follows:
- Vegetables and fruits of all kinds, especially green leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli and cabbage, because they contain chlorophyll, which stimulates blood circulation in the body, and it is recommended to eat vegetables in a variety of colors to provide the body with the various elements it needs.
- Meat, especially the red ones, with attention to reducing fatty meat intake.
- Fish, eggs and poultry.
- Cheese, milk, yogurt and their derivatives, and it is preferable to eat a low-fat diet.
- Nuts of all kinds, such as walnuts, almonds and cashews.
- Whole grains and legumes, such as beans, lentils, rice, wheat, pasta, etc.
- Natural herbs such as chamomile, mint and others, with the need to be careful to consume them in moderation, as some herbs have side effects in specific cases such as pregnancy, lactation, menstruation, and others.
- Dried fruits such as raisins, figs, and others.
- Vegetable oils, such as olive oil.
To get full benefit from healthy food, you must follow the following instructions
- Reliance as much as possible on eating natural food and avoiding processed materials.
- Divide food into multiple small meals a day of not less than 4 meals because the feeling of hunger may push a person to eat large quantities of food, and to stay away from an eating disorder.
- Diversify the foods you eat and not focus on a specific type, because the body needs various elements, vitamins and minerals in various foods.
- Breakfast is an important and very necessary meal for the body, so be careful to eat it on time, and it is preferable to contain protein that provides the body with energy and promotes the feeling of satiety for long periods of time.
- Not to eat before exercising, and you should not sleep immediately after eating.
- Moderation in drinking stimulant drinks such as coffee, tea, Nescafe and others.
- Reducing the intake of sugars, fats and salty foods because too much of them causes diseases and health problems.
- Regular exercise and live food are essential for a healthy and healthy body.
- It is advised to eat fresh foods and to avoid canned or processed foods that reduce the nutritional value of foods and add unhealthy additives to them such as preservatives.
- Eat the amount of food appropriate to the person’s gender, age, and physical activity.
- Replace saturated animal fats with unsaturated fats found in fish and nuts.
- Avoid frying foods and replace them with grilling and cooking.
- Increase your water intake, including at least 8 to 10 cups a day.
- Avoid eating ready-made sauces that contain a large amount of calories.
- The weight must be monitored continuously to avoid its increase and to maintain an ideal weight.
- Trying to get rid of wrong eating habits, such as adding large amounts of oils, salts, spices, or ready-made sauces to foods, or consuming soft drinks and processed juices.
- You must gradually change the diet towards a healthy diet, because a sudden change does not lead to positive results quickly.
Why should you eat healthy food?
- Protect the body and prevent it from developing diseases, especially cancerous ones, in addition to heart disease, diabetes and others, as many foods contain antioxidants.
- Building body cells and muscles.
- Providing the body with the energy it needs to carry out its daily activities and work.
- Avoid obesity and maintain a healthy and ideal weight.
- The treatment of a large number of diseases depends on nutrition.
In the end, it should be noted that healthy food should be a system and lifestyle, not just a means of losing weight or treating some diseases, so we must get used to eating healthy foods as well as practicing sports for a healthy life free from diseases.