Human hair has many types, either it is oily, dry or normal, and in this article we will talk about the dry type only, as many people, especially women, may suffer from the problem of dry hair, which is really a big problem because it hurts the hair and leads to damage and loss of color. Because of its shine and increase its breakage, dry hair means hair loss of its moisture and softness, which causes the hair to lose its shiny and smooth appearance, and this is due to damage to the outer layer of the hair, so in order to reduce its dryness and treatment, the hair must remain moist all the time, and use suitable shampoo for dry hair, as well as use The oils are also suitable.
Causes of dry hair
- Not eating healthy food and drinking water in sufficient quantities.
- Hereditary problems.
- Using a hairdryer (blow-dryer) many times, as well as using dyes frequently may lead to dryness and damage to the hair.
- Exposing the hair to the sun for a long time, as the sun’s rays remove the oily layer from the hair, and also expose it to dry and hot air, which causes the hair to lose its moisture.
- The birth control pills that some women take, may lead to hormonal changes that damage and dry out hair.
- The use of shampoo not suitable for the type of hair, as well as the use of some unsuitable oils, and the use of some creams and cosmetics that harm and harm the health of the hair because they may cause the formation of a barrier or insulating layer, thus preventing the hair from reaching the oils that form at the roots.
Specifications of the best shampoo for dry hair
The appropriate shampoo to solve the problem of dry hair should be characterized by the following:
- It contains materials that nourish and help to strengthen hair follicles.
- It consists of natural and harmless materials, such as sesame, olive oil, coconut and others.
- It should contain oils with a high percentage, the most important of which are avocado oil, olive oil, and so on.
- It contains a high proportion of vitamins and minerals necessary for hair.
- It does not cause infections or itching on the head.
- To consist of materials that protect the hair from various weather factors such as heat and dryness.
- It contains a high percentage of moisturizers that help in replacing the moisture lost by the hair.
How to Make Naturally Dry Hair Shampoo at Home?
There are many types of shampoo for dry hair that can be made at home, and many important and useful oils are included in their composition.
Basil shampoo and sweet almond oil
Parsley, basil, avocado peels, olive oil, sweet almond oil, and water.
How to prepare
- Put the water in a pot on the stove and put with it a handful of parsley and a handful of basil after washing them well and finely chop them, and put the avocado peels with it, then leave the ingredients until they boil well.
- We filter the mixture from the water with a fine strainer and withdraw all the materials from it, then we add two teaspoons of sweet almond oil and two teaspoons of olive oil to the water with stirring.
- We pour the mixture into a plastic box, so that the shampoo is ready for use.
Olive oil and egg shampoo
Eggs, lemon juice, olive oil, baby shampoo and distilled water.
How to prepare
- We put two eggs in an electric mixer and add two tablespoons of each of lemon juice, olive oil and baby shampoo, and add a cup of water, then mix these ingredients together well, then pour the mixture into a plastic box and the shampoo is ready.
- It is preferable to keep it in the refrigerator and use it upon request.
Chamomile shampoo and oils
Chamomile, olive oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, Hasa Alban oil, and chemical free shampoo.
How to prepare
- Put a cup of shampoo in a bowl on the stove until it is dissolved, then add 20 ml of olive oil and 5 ml of each of peppermint oil, tea tree oil and horse oil, and stir the mixture well.
- We soak chamomile in a cup of hot water, then put two teaspoons of this soaked in another bowl, and pour the mixture over it gradually, stirring constantly to prevent the formation of any foam.
- We leave the mixture until it cools completely, then we pour it into a plastic container, and we have the shampoo ready for use.
Parsley, basil, avocado peels, olive oil, almond oil, and water.
How to prepare
- Put an appropriate amount of basil, parsley and avocado peels after washing them well in a bowl of 6 cups of water over low heat, stirring for about two minutes.
- We filter the water from all the materials with a fine sieve, then add two tablespoons of each of the almond oil and olive oil to the water, then pour the mixture into a plastic box and use it when you shower.
Jojoba oil shampoo
Glycerin, jojoba oil, coconut oil, baby shampoo and distilled water.
How to prepare
We put half a cup of water with a teaspoon of each of jojoba oil and coconut oil with 4 tablespoons of glycerin and two tablespoons of baby shampoo in a bowl and mix the ingredients well, so we get a mixture that we pour into a plastic container and use it when you shower.
Coconut oil and glycerin shampoo
Liquid glycerin, baby shampoo, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and distilled water.
How to prepare
We put 4 teaspoons of glycerin with two teaspoons of baby shampoo and one teaspoon of each of jojoba oil and coconut oil with a quarter cup of water in a bowl and mix the ingredients well, then pour the mixture into a plastic package and the shampoo is ready for use.
We mix the eggs with warm water in the amount that is proportional to the length and density of the hair, for example if the hair is thick and medium in length it is sufficient to mix two eggs with a cup of water, we can add to the mixture a type of oil that has a wonderful smell to cover the smell of eggs, then we use the mixture to distribute it throughout Covering the hair for about 5 minutes, after that wash the hair and it is preferable to wash it with baby shampoo to remove the egg smell if we do not put oil in the mixture.
It is recommended to use this type of shampoo twice every month, especially for women who use dyes a lot and also hair dryer.
The best oils for dry hair
There are many natural oils that help solve the problem of dry and rough hair, and restore its vitality, softness and luster, as oils are one of the secrets of the beauty, luster and strength of hair, and as we have seen they have entered into the composition of many of the shampoos that we mentioned earlier because of their importance in that, we will By mentioning the most important of these oils and the method of using each of them:
Coconut oil has many important proteins that are necessary for the vitality and smoothness of the hair. It is characterized by its ability to penetrate the hair follicles and nourish them with proteins, thus achieving a high level of benefits for the hair. Hair loss of these proteins makes it coarser and less vital, which causes dryness and damage. After heating it a little and leave it for half an hour on the hair, then wash the hair and clean it well with shampoo and water, it is preferable to repeat this oil bath 3 times a week to give the desired result.
Vitamin E oil
This oil is one of the most important oils that are used in the treatment of dry hair, because it nourishes the hair and works to moisturize it, massage the head at the root of the hair and also the hair, then leave it for half an hour and then clean the hair well, to give a better result, it is recommended to mix it with almond oil. Sweet.
Olive oil is one of the best beneficial oils for treating dry hair, because it moisturizes, softens, and also revitalizes it and increases its elasticity, because it contains vitamin E, omega-3, antioxidants and a lot of minerals and nutrients, the head is massaged at the root of the hair with the oil after heating it A little for about 10 minutes, then we cover the head and leave it for 20 minutes, then wash the head and take a shower with shampoo and water, to give the desired result, this process must be repeated 3 times a week.
Grape seed oil
Grapeseed oil is an important oil in treating and caring for dry hair, because it is rich in linoleic acid and vitamin (E), which is an oil that is not sticky and has no odor.
Rosemary or rosemary oil
This oil is characterized by its beautiful smell and its ability to stimulate blood circulation in the head, and this is what gives the hair density and strength and protects it from many injuries, whether bacterial or fungal, because it is rich in antiseptics and antioxidants, placed on the hair and left for 15 minutes, then we rinse the hair And wash it.
It is considered one of the important oils in moisturizing and softening the hair, and it works to nourish the hair follicles and protect them from fungal and bacterial infections, as well as get rid of them in the event of infection, because it contains sterile and antiseptic materials.
Pomegranate seed oil
This oil is considered one of the most important oils that are suitable for treating dry hair, because it is rich in fatty acids and contains antioxidants, and it is used alone or in combination with other oils.
In addition to other important oils that also have a role in moisturizing and softening the hair and treating the problem of dryness, they also play a role in lengthening the hair and increasing its density, such as: jojoba oil, castor oil, almond oil, tea tree oil, Moroccan argan oil, amla oil.
Tips to prevent dry and damaged hair
Here are some important and necessary tips to protect hair from the problem of dryness and damage and to keep it looking beautiful and soft:
- It is recommended to eat foods rich in minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, and all the nutrients that are useful to restore hair to its vitality and softness, and to drink water in an adequate quantity.
- It is advised not to use cosmetics and creams constantly, to prevent the formation of any insulating layer on the hair, and it is also preferable not to use hair dryers frequently.
- It is also recommended to use a shampoo suitable for your hair type, and to use a conditioner at the end of the shower to facilitate detangling of the hair when it becomes tangled.
- It is recommended to permanently use the appropriate oils and moisturizers to moisturize the hair, prevent it from drying out and damage, and restore the shine and luster of the hair.