Honey has always been a delicious food ingredient found in the kitchen and has been widely used as food as well as an important medicine for centuries as our ancestors were well aware of the many benefits of honey.
The difference between types of honey to choose the best is an important part of alternative medicine, and it is one of the traditional methods of medicine, as it was used in ancient Egypt to treat skin and eye diseases and was applied as a natural dressing on wounds and sores.
Come with us to learn about the best type of honey for anemia and what are the health benefits of honey in this case:
The best type of honey for anemia
Honey is good for your blood as it affects your body differently depending on how you eat it because if honey is mixed with lukewarm water and then drunk, it has a beneficial effect on the number of red blood cells, and a mixture of honey, lukewarm water and lemon increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood, which is useful in case of poverty the blood.
What is anemia?
Anemia is a state of disease when the iron content in the diet is in low quantities or when the body is unable to absorb this age adequately, as this affects the blood’s ability to carry oxygen to the rest of the various tissues of the body, which leads to fatigue, lethargy, shortness of breath and sometimes sadness. Anxiety and other problems.
Honey can reduce these problems by increasing the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood.
On the other hand, women in particular need special care in this matter because they have to go through the period of their menstrual cycle (menstruation) every month, and because a certain amount of blood comes out of their bodies every month, their chances of developing anemia are higher than that of men.
Causes of iron deficiency and anemia:
- The period of breastfeeding.
- Repeated births.
- In the growing age.
- Insufficient and unbalanced nutrition.
- Follow a vegetarian diet that does not consume meat and other iron-rich foods.
- Severe menstrual bleeding.
- Excessive blood loss due to stomach ulcers, hemorrhoids, and accidents.
- Increased loss of minerals and other trace elements such as iron in urine and sweat due to excessive exercise.
- Insufficient absorption of iron into the body from the intestine due to diseases such as digestive disorders.
- When drinking caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and cola with meals, they significantly inhibit iron absorption.
- Hereditary iron deficiency.
- Use of medications that impair iron absorption in the body.
The importance of eating honey
- Eating honey regularly not only helps you balance the circulatory system and blood chemistry, but it also keeps you energized and energized, and eating honey removes these imbalances in our bodies.
- There is also some preliminary evidence that honey might prevent low white blood cell counts in patients with chemotherapy.
- Honey is a food that supplies the body with energy and aids digestion. It is useful in cases of constipation, flatulence and gas because it is a mild laxative.
- Honey also contains probiotic or supportive bacteria that aid digestion, improve the immune system and reduce allergies.
- Using honey in place of table sugar reduces the toxic effects of mycotoxins that arise from fungi in the intestine.
- Honey helps babies sleep soundly, and early results of many studies have shown that honey can make babies sleep more deeply.
- Also, honey reduces coughing in children at night and helps them sleep more deeply.
- Some things to keep in mind are that darker colored honey contains more antioxidants.
- Also, one of its most important benefits is that honey does not spoil and can be kept for a long time if sealed properly.
Honey for anemia
Honey is characterized by the fact that it contains many nutrients that provide the body with the necessary nutrients, as it contains iron, copper and manganese, and these elements together help in the production of hemoglobin, which is necessary because it carries oxygen from the lungs to the tissues of the body. It has insomnia, shortness of breath, weakness, fatigue and lethargy in the body.
In addition, when a person suffers from severe anemia, his energy decreases, which helps eating honey to provide the body with energy and activity and support the immune system.
Honey is also a balanced food source for the body, as it also contains magnesium and copper, and eating a teaspoon dissolved in a cup of warm water with the juice of half a lemon added before breakfast helps fight anemia or anemia.
It is recommended to drink honey regularly to reduce the appearance of the problem of anemia and to strengthen the immune system.
Also, honey is an important antibiotic that protects the body from viruses and bacteria that attack it.
The best type of honey for anemia
When resorting to treating anemia, do not use any type of honey, but rather you should choose darker types of honey because they contain important elements and antioxidants that help treat anemia:
the black Honey:
Black honey is one of the best types that can be used in the treatment of anemia because it contains high levels of iron, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin B9 (or folic acid) and vitamin B complex, and it is also extracted from sugar cane juice that contains these important elements and helps in treating the problem of anemia. the blood.
Together, these elements help increase the number of red blood cells, which makes black honey one of the most important foods that help treat anemia.
Black honey’s high content of iron makes it one of the leading types of honey to help treat anemia, in addition to being cheaper than other types, easy to digest and widely available.
How to use black honey to treat anemia:
- The best way to use black honey is by mixing two teaspoons of this honey with one teaspoon of the freshly crushed black seed and eating it every morning.
- Many doctors also recommend consuming one tablespoon of molasses dissolved in a cup of warm water in the morning every day.
- An amount of molasses can be added to many dishes, foods, and desserts as an alternative to sugar or other sweeteners.
- Or add honey to oatmeal, to sauces, or to sweeten tea or coffee.
White honey in the morning for anemia:
In addition to the importance of black honey in treating anemia, white honey comes in second place to treat this problem because it increases the production of hemoglobin necessary to carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body tissues.
In addition, it regulates the work of the digestive system and resists bacteria as it contains antioxidants.
Yemeni Samar honey:
Samar honey is one of the best types of honey for treating many diseases, its color is dark, it has a sweet taste and it has a pure smell and can be obtained from the Doaan area in Hadramout, where it comes from the nectar of acacia flowers, whose flowers bloom in early spring until early summer in that region.
One of the benefits of Samar honey is that it helps in the treatment of various infections of the digestive system and intestines, as it is a disinfectant for the intestine and a tonic for intestinal transit. It is also suitable in cases of constipation, colic, bloating, and treatment of respiratory diseases and infections such as sore throat and throat.
Among the most important benefits of it is that it contains high levels of iron, which helps in treating anemia and provides the body with energy to remain vitally active.
Because of its speed of digestion and ease of absorption through the lymphatic system, sumor honey is suitable for adults and children who especially like its sweetness.
Samar honey is considered a rich and healthy food, especially after exercising or after mental effort and after losing energy or blood.
If you want to pay attention to your diet in order to maintain high resistance to your body and to strengthen the immune system every season, you should eat pine honey because it has an immune-boosting effect and helps in treating anemia and many diseases that afflict the body, as it revitalizes the body and provides it with the necessary energy it needs. Balances blood pressure and eliminates inflammation, especially seasonal infections.
Pine honey is good for anemia:
It supports the growth of red blood cells, so if you suffer from anemia, we can say that you have a reason to consume pine honey, as by consuming this honey regularly you can reach healthy numbers in your blood values.
Pine honey will help you get rid of the anemia, infection, general fatigue and lethargy that accompanies anemia as a symptom.
Also known as honeydew, it has a good texture that does not spoil its quality for years and can be preserved because it does not freeze or crystallize for many years.
Compared to other types of honey, the percentage of glucose and fructose in pine honey is very low and its nutritional value is higher.
You can add pine nuts to warm water and consume it in the morning.
Honey recipes for anemia
Honey with apple cider vinegar:
Mix a tablespoon of black honey with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, then add a cup of warm water to it and drink this mixture every morning, which helps in treating anemia.
Honey with black seed:
Add 5 tablespoons of dark honey to a tablespoon of black seed and a tablespoon of fenugreek powder and mix the ingredients well and put in a glass bowl in the fridge and take a spoonful of it after eating twice a day and for a whole month. It will help you treat anemia.