Neuritis is an inflammatory disease that affects the ends of the nerves in the peripheral nervous system, and the causes are many and different, as it develops slowly and affects about 5% of the population and its frequency and severity increases with age.
In this article, we will learn about the method of treating nerve inflammation with honey and we will learn about the disease of nerve inflammation and the properties of honey, which make it among the treatments that people with neuritis adopt to relieve and relieve pain, so come with us:
Table of contents
Definition of neuritis
Neuritis is an inflammatory disease that affects the peripheral nervous system and damages the peripheral nerves. The peripheral nervous system is a complex network of nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to the internal organs, muscles and skin. It is divided into two parts, the somatic nervous system and the autonomic nervous system, and both parts of the peripheral nervous system are necessary for normal body function, and damage to any part of the peripheral nervous system can have a negative impact on the normal functioning of the body.
As for the causes of nerve inflammation:
There is no single cause of neuritis and it is difficult to determine the etiology, as many factors can participate in the appearance of the disease, including:
- Autoimmune diseases such as Guillain-Barré syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, and chronic demyelinating polyneuritis.
- Metabolic and endocrine disorders such as diabetes, gout, and thyroid dysfunction.
- HIV or food poisoning-like infections.
In order to treat nerve inflammation, the patient resorts to many methods to relieve pain in the first stage and get rid of this disease. Among the treatments that honey uses, is it possible to treat nerve inflammation with honey? This is what we will highlight in this article.
Treating neuritis with honey
Properties of natural honey and its healing benefits:
Natural honey contains large quantities of fructose, glucose and monosaccharides, and it contains about 70 to 80% sugar, which gives it a sweetness of taste, and also contains antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. Modern medical science has succeeded in finding applications for honey for wounds and infection control, as it gives it a low pH. Significant antibacterial effect.
Among the properties of natural honey is the presence of various enzymes, vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, manganese, selenium and amino acids, which help in the treatment of many diseases, and in addition to being a complete food, honey is a precious gift from nature for humans because there is no food in the world rich in nutrients and medicines such as honey because bees feed They contain the nectar and flowers of various plants that have the medicinal properties of those plants.
Honey strengthens the immune system responsible for energy and the body’s ability to endure, and like an antibiotic it protects the body from infection with various infectious diseases and infections caused by viruses, bacteria and parasites.
The property of honey in treating various infections:
The importance of the benefits of honey has been proven in the oldest medical literature in the world, and it has been known since ancient times as an anti-microbial drug in addition to its power in wound healing and various infections, as the healing properties of honey are due to its anti-bacterial activity, and the moisturizing of the wound condition and its high viscosity helps provide a protective barrier to prevent infection .
In addition to natural honey containing a group of phytochemicals that act as antioxidants, which can help protect the body from cell damage and exposure to infections because it kills unwanted bacteria and fungi. It also naturally contains hydrogen peroxide, which is an antiseptic, as its effect varies as an anti-bacterial or fungi. Depending on the type of honey, it is generally a popular remedy for a wide variety of infections.
Types of honey that help treat nerve inflammation
Thyme honey can be used as one of the most popular types of honey for treating nerve inflammation, as it is very active and is used to treat many diseases such as respiratory problems, coughing and sore throat, as well as wounds because it contains useful elements that help in strengthening the nerves and treating digestive and respiratory problems.
Also, eating thyme honey regularly strengthens the brain and nerves, and it is a powerful source of energy that helps enhance memory and treat general body infections.
The color of dill honey is darker than other types of honey, as it is characterized by a dark amber color, and one of its characteristics is that it works effectively as analgesics and treats various types of infections such as inflammation of nerves and joints, gives the body energy and protects the immune system to resist attacks of inflammatory infection, as it is a first-class antibiotic.
Citrus honey is unique in its kind to strengthen and revitalize memory, and it is also useful in treating stomach problems, diarrhea, vitamin C deficiency, nausea, toxins and infections in general that affect the body.
It also increases the basic metabolism and being anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, it is very suitable for strengthening the nerves and treating neuritis.
Fennel is a medicinal plant that has a smell and flavor and has many healing properties, honey made from the nectar of the fennel plant has all the properties of the fennel plant in strengthening the immune system, fighting cancer and preventing it, strengthening the digestive system of the body and has antiseptic and anti-microbial properties and works to relieve the pain of nerve inflammation.
Chamomile honey has a wonderful smell and taste and is used in the treatment of many infections, such as nerve inflammation, brain swelling, swelling, and arthritis, and it relieves pain and inflammation of the bladder and colitis and reduces sensitivity.
Black seed honey:
Black seed honey can be presented as one of the most expensive types of honey and it is very rare and strengthens the brain and nerves and helps in strengthening memory.
Basil honey is a type of single-flower plant honey that is prescribed for diseases in traditional medicine and has a mild, agate color.
Basil honey is known as one of the natural and oral medicines, and among the properties of basil honey is that it is a disinfectant, antibacterial, infection and treatment of infections, as it is a tonic and tonic for the nerves because it is rich in vitamins K, A and calcium and other minerals.
This honey is produced by bees from the nectar of the Manuka tree in forest areas in Australia and New Zealand and has high quality and is very expensive because of its many properties and benefits for treating various disease conditions.
Manuka honey is one of the best types that are used as an antibiotic to treat many infections, such as nerve inflammation and sinusitis, in addition to improving the functions of the immune system in the body, which helps protect the body from various diseases.
Due to the effect of manuka honey against bacteria, viruses, fungi, and anti-infection, in addition to its anti-inflammatory effect, it is used to treat inflammatory skin diseases or fungal infections and prevent infections such as nerve inflammation, it is very useful in strengthening the nerves and improving their functions besides that it fights bacteria, viruses, fungi, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
The reason why manuka honey is the best for treating neuritis is:
All honeys contain hydrogen peroxide which has an antiseptic effect however only manuka honey contains a particularly large amount of another active ingredient, methylglyoxal, or MGO.
MGO is a sugar-breaking product that has an antibacterial and bacterial effect that often causes infections. The antiseptic effect of manuka honey has been studied in the laboratory and it has been shown that consuming manuka honey helps kill antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Manuka honey contains 300-700 mg of MGO per kilogram per kilogram. Whereas no other honey has such a high content of MGO as Manuka honey.
Manuka honey also has an anti-viral and anti-fungal effect and is responsible for consuming hydrogen peroxide, especially methylglyoxal (MGO), which it contains, which helps in treating various types of infections such as nerve inflammation, sore throats, gastrointestinal complaints, as well as for disinfecting wounds and skin diseases.
It is one of the types of honey that helps in treating various infections because of its anti-inflammatory, rheumatic, anti-spasmodic, antiseptic and laxative properties.
This very light golden yellow honey has a role in treating and strengthening nerve inflammation because it protects the immune system and improves its functions, which helps protect the nerves from infections that may affect them.
Chestnut honey against nerve diseases:
Chestnut honey is delicious and highly nutritious, oscillating between yellow, orange and amber hues, and has a bitter taste that is easily identifiable.
Its properties are similar to those of other types of honey, although it is recommended to eat it in case of nerve inflammation because it helps calm nervous conditions and pain from nerve inflammation.
In addition, it contains a variety of minerals and vitamins that improve and stimulate the immune system, making the body strong in the face of various inflammatory attacks.
A magical combination of black seed, honey and cinnamon for treating neuritis:
Many people know the properties of each of these substances, but they are not aware of the magical properties when mixing honey with cinnamon and black seed powder and the properties in its strong formula that have double results in treating various types of infections and fighting fungal infections, so this magic mixture helps in treating nerve inflammation as it works It strengthens the nerves when taken regularly.
How to treat nerve inflammation with honey?
Depending on the disease or problem that you want to treat, there are different methods of using honey:
- With a small spoon in the morning: Honey can treat a wide range of infections and disorders in the digestive system because it stimulates the immune system to remain strong in dealing with various types of infections and diseases that afflict the body.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach, which calms and relieves nerve inflammation and promotes healing.
- It can also dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a cup of warm milk to work on all levels to fight diseases and infections and relieve pain.
Tips for managing and relieving neuritis pain
- Avoid or reduce the consumption of animal products (meat), processed foods, coffee and sugar.
- Hot water therapy can be used to relieve nerve inflammation pain by immersing the affected organ in hot water for a period of 10 to 15 minutes once a day and to increase comfort, add a little salt to the hot water.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Usually the pain of nerve inflammation is very severe, so you should drink fresh juices (such as apple and grape juice, in addition to vegetable juices such as a mixture of cucumber, carrot and celery juice) on a daily basis, which helps relieve nerve inflammation pain and also strengthen the nerves.
- Doing light exercise regularly and under medical supervision or walking for 30 minutes a day to stimulate blood circulation and relieve nerve inflammation pain.
- Taking care of a diet that contains important nutrients to strengthen the nerves, including important vitamins and minerals.
- Oil massage can also be used for the affected area, as it is one of the most important types of treatments for nerve inflammation (olive oil or castor oil can be used), which helps relieve and relieve nerve inflammation pain.
- Take sedatives and analgesics in case of severe pain, or nutritional supplements that contain nutrients that strengthen the nerves, under the supervision of a specialist doctor.
- We suggest when buying honey to make sure that it is of high quality and natural.
- It is recommended to avoid excessive consumption of any type of honey, rather it should be consumed in moderation.
- Also, diabetics should consult their doctor before taking it as a medicine.
- In general, the use of honey may not be suitable for some people, so you should consult your doctor for advice before using it for the first time, especially people who suffer from allergies.
- Sure, honey has many benefits, but it is not suitable for infants and young children up to the age of 12 months because they are at risk of food poisoning, which can lead to nervous disorders and paralysis in infants, and it is not suitable for people with pathological immunodeficiency.
- This article is a cultural information that cannot be a substitute for consulting a medical professional for diagnosis and treatment and can never be considered professional medical advice.