It is very common and can be caused by colds and flu or as a result of allergies, stomach acid reflux, dehydration, stress of vocal cords and other causes… In most cases, sore throat can be treated in children based on natural methods and home remedies, so here are the top 30 treatments.
Before relying on any treatment, you should make sure that it is suitable for your child and age and that it does not cause allergies, preferably if you are talking to your doctor about this treatment, especially if your child has a specific health problem.
Treatment of sore throat in children
Sometimes medications and consulting a doctor are very important but in most cases of sore throat shaved it is simple and can be treated using home remedies.
One of the most important methods of treating sore throat in children and infants, bananas are soft soft and rich in nutrients and nutrients needed by your child, especially potassium, vitamin D, vitamin B6 and many more...
- Mash a banana fruit and feed it to your kindness.
29 - Warm soup
Yes, treating sore throats in children can be as simple as a dish of warm soup that will keep your baby's body warm and hydrated and effective in calming inflammation.
- Choose a soup your child loves and make it rich in healthy foods, the most important of which are vegetables, and make sure the soup is warm and not hot so that it does not burn its tongue.
28 - Honey with lemon juice
Honey is a sore throat treatment in children and older adults along with lemons that will provide your baby with a good amount of vitamin C that boosts immunity.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice with a few drops of honey to a glass of warm water and have your baby eat it two or three times a day.
- Note: Do not give honey to children under the age of one year because it can cause them food poisoning.
Garlic has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, including sore throats.
- Mash a few teeth of garlic, then boil them with the right amount of water and lift them from the fire and wait to cool, give your child a few drops of liquid (depending on a sterile train) and repeat it several times.
26- Mustard oil
Mustard oil massage can give a warm effect to the baby and soothe inflammation, and you can increase potency by adding a little mashed garlic and fenugreek seeds.
- Heat a little mustard oil (it should be warm so that it stays safe on your baby's skin), add a little mashed garlic and a few seeds from the fenugreek, and start massaging the baby's throat from the outside with this mixture gently and quietly.
- Note: It is important to make sure that your child is not allergic to any of the ingredients you will use.
Steam cleanses the throat and respiratory canals as well as accelerates healing, and you can increase the effectiveness of steam by adding any aromatic herbs available such as chamomile - mint....
- Fill the tub in the bathroom with hot water or fill a suitable bowl, close the door and window and wait until the place is steamed and then take your child to the place.
24 - Yogurt
Probiotics in yogurt are effective in eliminating harmful germs and bacteria, including those that are behind a sore throat, as well as being soft and easy to swallow and can be the solution when your child is in pain from eating.
- Yogurt can be only supported with a high amount of vitamins by mashing a little fruit with it such as bananas, berries, strawberries.
You may be interested: yogurt and currant recipes... 14 recipes to ensure that belly fat is eliminated without boredom or fatigue
23. Breast milk
Breast milk can be considered an immune boost to the body, and the treatment of sore throats in newborns can be the best, because the antibodies in it are able to fight and eliminate disease factors.
- If your baby is less than 6 months old, breast milk is enough for him and he does not need any medication with him.
You may be interested: the benefits of breastfeeding a baby from breast milk
22- Air hydration
Dry air increases the symptoms of sore throat in return wet air can maintain the moisture of the throat and relieve pain as well as treat congestion and disinfect the respiratory tract.
- Turn on the air purifier in your child's room.
- You should work continuously and regularly to clean the machine and add fresh water otherwise it will turn into a suitable environment and incubator for bacteria.
21- Frozen Foods
It's a great excuse for your child and even you to eat ice cream, ice cream, frozen food, ice pieces and other cold stuff... It numbs tissues and nerves and reduces pain, and who has never felt a big difference after eating ice cream?
- Eat the right amount of ice cream, chew ice cubes or eat frozen foods, but be sure to choose what suits your child.
You may be interested: a healthy and delicious ice cream method with easy and quick recipes
20 - Honey
You can rely on honey alone in the treatment of sore throatines in children older than one year old because it relieves the pain of sore throat as it has a strength capable of Gently cover the throat, as well as has antibacterial and immune system-enhancing properties.
- Eat a spoonful of honey several times a day and you can use it to sweeten the tea.
19. Salt water
Salt water relieves congestion, pulls mucus out of the throat and reduces swelling.
- The concentration of salt can vary from solution to solution but the average ratio is half a teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water, gargling with this mixture.
- This treatment is suitable for children who are able to gargoyle.
18- Apple cider vinegar
In order to eliminate bacteria and give comfort and calm to the throat, rely on apple cider vinegar and you can increase the potency by adding lemon juice.
- Add one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and then use it for gargling, you can add two tablespoons of lemon juice as well.
- This treatment is suitable for children who are able to gargoyle.
- Apple cider vinegar should not be over-relied on because it may weaken the tooth enamel.
Licorice has pain-relieving properties and is effective in strengthening the immune system and stimulating it to fight against viruses.
- Mix licorice extract with warm water and use in gargling several times a day.
- Licorice is not used for people with blood pressure or heart problems, and pregnant and lactating women should avoid it.
Chamomile can be considered the best anti-inflammatory and pain reliever, relaxing muscles with tension and swelling in the throat as well as relieving you in the healing process.
- Drink chamomile tea several times a day.
- You can add it to the fumigation water to enhance its role in disinfecting the respiratory tract and throat.
Warm drinks in general can be the best sore treatment for children, especially different teas: green tea , red tea - herbal tea. Because of his antioxidants.
- Drink several cups of tea throughout the day.
- Be aware of the amount of caffeine found in red and green tea.
You may care: the best time to drink green tea... Here are six times you should drink green tea.
14- Potato compresses
Warm potato compresses warm the throat area, reduce congestion, reduce swelling, and stimulate circulation.
- Boil the potatoes and then mash them carefully and carefully pour them on a cloth, apply them gently to the throat, and repeat again.
Mouthwash contains highly effective substances capable of killing bacteria in the mouth and throat, although its effectiveness is limited for sore throats caused by viral infections but will help reduce pain and swelling.
- Garga with a little lotion, but for smaller children, the wash is added to the water and then the gargling with the mixture.
Turmeric has antioxidants and anti-inflammatories as well as the ability to deal with congestion.
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric to a cup of yogurt or milk and eat.
Ginger is a natural antihistamine in addition to being an effective decongestant that is able to break up mucus.
- Make ginger tea so that one or two cups a day is drunk.
Mint tea is another highly effective tea on the list of sore throat treatment in children and adults, because it has antiviral, anti-inflammatory and bacterial properties.
- Drink a cup or two of mint tea.
- Peppermint can cause irritation to the digestive tract of some people so make sure it is appropriate.
9- Lymph amass
Lymphatic gland massage removes congestion, stimulates the immune system and treats infection.
- Lymph nodes should be massaged calmly and gently because they are sensitive and painful when touched.
8- Plenty of fluids
Keeping the body hydrated is the key to treating sore throats in children, ensuring that the immune system is stimulated and compensates for the lack of the body.
- Rely on healthy liquids: water, herbal tea, natural fruit juice...
You may be interested: The following 11 symptoms of dehydration alert you to your body's need for water
7- Extra pillow
You can help your baby and relieve your congestion, especially during sleep, by relying on an extra pillow.
- Get your baby to sleep on a higher-than-usual pillow or add another comfortable pillow so that it lifts its head even more.
6- Stay away from allergies
Allergies can be the main cause of your baby's respiratory and throat problems, particularly seasonal allergies, allergies caused by animal fur or strong odors.
- Keep your baby away from the allergens and keep him inside while there are plenty of pollen in the air if there is a garden near your home.
5- Getting comfortable
The body needs rest to allow the immune system to function fully and this causes the patient to feel tired and powerless when he or she is sick.
- Make sure your child relaxes and takes a break from school and any other activities that require a lot of effort.
4- Rest your voice
If your child has a sore throat as a result of playing, screaming loudly or cheering at a match or at a party, it means that he has strained his vocal cords.
- Make sure you make it comfortable and explain how important it is to make the problem quick.
You may be interested: 12 things tried and effective in the treatment of laryngitis ... Your throat needs that.
3- Get rid of your toothbrush
The toothbrush may be the cause of the inflammation or its persistence and recurrence, why? Because it turns into a great environment for collecting bacteria and any injury to the gums during dental cleaning will allow those bacteria to enter the body.
- In general, the toothbrush should be renewed every 3 months as a maximum, and if you have an infection it should be changed directly.
2- Avoid ingesting myesophageal reflux
The acidity of the stomach can be the most important cause behind sore throatand especially chronic sore throat.
- Avoid habits and foods that cause myocaria: Avoid eating fast and reduce foods that contain tomatoes, fried foods, fatty meals, etc....
You may be interested: treat heartburn and acidity and get rid of all this discomfort and pain
1- Doctor's visit
Sore throats can be treated in children by relying on natural methods and home remedies in most cases, but a doctor's visit may be a necessity when the child has severe inflammation without showing any improvement.
Or when it's accompanied by difficulty breathing, a fever, a cough associated with blood or white spots in the throat, or when inflammation spreads to the ear, you should get the help of a doctor.
No matter how effective the treatment is, make sure that it is suitable for your child in terms of its impact, its age and the fact that it is not sensitive to the ingredients used.
You may be interested:
- 12 tips for increasing immunity in the body ... Boost your body's immunity
- Top 10 Ways to Increase Your Body's Immunity against Viruses
- Healthy food for children ... 25 Choices That Can Make Your Baby's Food Fully Healthy